Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Wonderland!

I love fresh snow! Even if I'm not out with the intent on taking photos, I love being out in the fresh snow. Cross country skiing, snowshoeing, even running the snow blower. It's all fun for me. I was happy to get out on Saturday for a while to play in fresh powder that covered our area on Friday.

The sun was shining and the wind was minimal making for a great day to get out and play in the snow. The bright blue sky contrasted nicely with the red berries and snow.


The fresh, untouched landscape was a refreshing sight to see. I had expected to see more tracks in the snow, but it looks like I was one of the first to explore this area.


The trail was untouched, but you can still follow the faint tracks left in the last snowfall that wasn't completely covered by this storm.



I hiked a little over 3 miles on my snowshoes on Saturday. A good portion of that was breaking a new trail in the fresh powder.



I wasn't the only one leaving tracks in the snow!



The sun was casting some interesting shadows on the blank canvas of the snow.



The fresh snow, mild temperatures and bright sun made it a great day to spend outside exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment